Friday, January 23, 2015

Busy day in the Ayres household.

Firstly,  the doorbell goes this morning, its the postman with two parcels both exactly the same.  Odd, couldn't think for the life of me what I had ordered, figured it must be for hubby.  Then spotted my name on both. Imagine my surprise when I opened them to find these inside.



















Our poppies from the installation at the Tower of London titled 'Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red'. These are in memory of my and my husbands great uncles who both died in the First World War and are buried in northern France.

I had the honor back in November of being a volunteer  for the de-installion.  The most amazing day, times of remembering, tears and laughter.




Couple of pictures of that day and the day in September when hubby and I and a few hundread thousand other people went to see them before they were removed after Armistice Day.

more to come.....


Back again today, here is the second, All bar the tie in of ends, the finished baby blanket for a friends niece.

 

No comments: